Sunday, January 20, 2008

AFC Championship Game

We hosted our HG and a bonus couple for the Chargers/Patriots AFC Championship game this afternoon. The Walkers, Nelsons, Moores, and Skeens all made the trek up to 4S to join us, and Rach and I had a great time watching the Patriots beat the Chargers (sorry!) and enjoying everyone's company.

Since the Broncos generally own the Patriots, I don't hate them as much as I do other AFC teams. Add the fact that the Chargers smoked the Broncos in both games this season, along with Rachel's geographic ties to the Pats, and my rooting interests were sealed. I didn't rub the result in any of the Charger fan's faces though...

Michelle made cookies, which we barely made a dent in, but the people at my work managed to kill off in two days. They were delicious, as are all of Michelle's desserts.

I really enjoy having people over, and wish that we lived closer to our friends so that we could do it more often. It means a lot to me when people are willing to make the drive up, because I know how much of a hassle it is for us to keep going to EC all the time.

With the hike yesterday, and good times with friends today, I'd say it was a good weekend.

No comments: