Saturday, January 19, 2008

Black Mountain Hike

This morning we went on a hike at nearby Black Mountain with the girls. The total distance according to my Garmin was 3.2 miles, and portions were pretty tough, but we had a great time overall.



We had some great views, and were even able to let the girls off leash for a little while when there were no other hikers around and the trail was narrow singletrack. At one point, when she was still on leash, Tia really wanted to chase some birds, so I don't know how that would have gone had she been unrestrained.



Every time we go hiking with them, we always resolve to do it more but somehow we never do. Hopefully that will change this time.

During the whole hike I kept trying to evaluate whether I could bike the trails we were walking. Many of them were extremely steep, and there were hills on both directions of the Miner's Loop. I'd like to try it, but I have a feeling there would be a ton of HAB.

No comments: